TNS Listener on a different Host

From: bhogak bhogakbhogak <bhogak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2005 08:57:23 -0700

Can we have a TNS listener on a different host than the one where the database is running? I want to connect to a database using Java Applet, but the webserver and the database are running on two different hosts. If I can start a TNS Listener on the web server, I will be able to connect to the database easily. (Just a fyi - Java applets cannot connect to any other server other than the one they were hosted from). Let me know if there are any other suggestions.

tia

Kumar Received on Thu Apr 07 2005 - 10:57:23 CDT