Re: How many PARTITIONS for a hash partitioned table would be a REASONABLE number?

From: GeoPappas <PappasG_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2005 04:21:17 -0700

>> Did you try benchmarking the query with a global index created on A3 as well?

> Yes. The index not used of not effective at all that way. Seems that
IN-LIST queries can not benefit from index.

My understanding was that IN-LIST queries were internally translated by Oracle so that indexes could be useable. For example, A.a3 IN( 331, 811, 955, 631 ) would be internally translated to (A.a3=331 OR A.a3=811 OR A.a3=955 OR A.a3=631). Did you make sure that you analyzed your tables and indexes, and checked the execution plan? Received on Thu Apr 07 2005 - 06:21:17 CDT