Re: Loading Japanese characters into Oracle.

From: <nilendu_at_nilendu.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2005 15:26:39 -0700

Japanese characters are multi-bytes. You would want to change the NLS_*_CHARACTERSET accordingly. A working (not the best!) way to approach this would be to set it to AL32UTF. But if your database does not support multiple languages you may just want to change it to a japanese characterset.

You will find Oracle supported character sets in the "Appendix A" of the Globalization User Guide in http://tahiti.oracle.com