Re: Wallet & Client Certs

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:24:01 +0200

Preston Kemp wrote:
> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>

>>Preston Kemp wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know if it's possible to connect to a secure web server
>>>(https) that requires a certificate for client authentication using
>>>utl_http.request & Wallet Manager?
>>>
>>>I've installed their Trusted Certificate in Wallet, & also installed
>>>the client certificate as a Trusted Certificate, but when I try to
>>>connect I get: "ORA-29030: SSL handshake is requested".
>>>
>>>Google returns zero hits for the error, & I can't find any
>>>documentation to say if it should work when both trusted & client
>>>certificates are required.
>>>

>>[oracle10_at_csdb01 oracle10]$ oerr ora 29030
>>29030, 00000, "SSL handshake is requested."
>>// *Cause: The peer sends this message if it wishes to renegotiate.
>>The application //         can either proceed with the rengotiation
>>or reject the request.  // *Action: This is not an error. To find out
>>more details enable Oracle Net tracing //          and attempt the
>>connection again. Contact Oracle customer support with the //
>>trace output.

> Thanks Frank, I'll give that a go.
>

>>Other than this, no - I gave up on Wallet Mgr :(

> That good eh?

Erhm - actually, that is not the impression I want to give; I don't know how good it is.

I found it so complicated for something basically simple, plus I could not get it to do what certificates do, that I gave up, rather frustrated that Oracle managed to overcomplicated and lock-in a rather simple mechanism.

But it's very Oracle: just store it in the database....

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel