Re: RAC, Duplicate Database - All Logfiles Assigned to Thread 1?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 6 Apr 2005 07:56:37 -0700

Jesse wrote:
> Oracle IS installed on the test machines. I have a working RAC
> development environment, with OCFS. The "duplicate database" method
is
> just how I want to refresh the data on a periodic basis (I've used
> exp/imp, but when "duplicate" works, it's a lot cleaner). You have
> have a working auxiliary instance to duplicate to using RMAN. While
> could (and have) successfully duplicated from RAC to a non-rac single
> instance, I use the RAC dev setup to test apps just prior to
> implementation, Windows security patches, etc. This is critical as a
> RAC environment can behave differently than a single instance and can
> be affected by things that a single instance may not be.
>
> Jesse

My advice is to submit this to oracle in a tar as a possible bug. Let them either give you the help (that does this automatically), provide a workaround (which you already have via alter) or other suggestions.

If they cannot come up with a suggestion that does this automatically get this into the queue as an enhancement request. Received on Wed Apr 06 2005 - 09:56:37 CDT