Re: channel operation parent latch

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2005 22:01:35 -0700

The only thing I find is in Metalink thread 167583.999, where it says the latch "controls operations on internal messaging structures in the SGA". This seems to make sense, since x$messages has a description
"Poll system events broadcast channel" applicable to all background
processes, and that explanation also corroborates with the phrase
"system events broadcast channel" in process state dump.

I know this doesn't really answer your question. But we can guess your LGWR must be hanging to acquire this latch in order to "say" something to another process. Does your alert.log and LGWR trace file show anything?

Next time you have this problem, I suggest you open a Tar, and attach output of v$latch_misses for this latch and v$latchholder (if any row). If you eventually find the answer, please post back.

Yong Huang
yong321ATyahoo.com Received on Wed Apr 06 2005 - 00:01:35 CDT