Re: Target host or object does not exist?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2005 15:20:45 -0700

>Do I need to be concerned about the error "Message 4505 not found; No
>message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR"?

Yes. You also need to be concerned about the 12545.

What may be happening is you have either/both the ORACLE_HOME and your PATH set wrong. It can only find svrmgrl because you went to what should be the $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory. So it can't even find the message file to tell you what is wrong.

You also need to be sure the protection is correct on the oracle executable and that you are logged in to the OS as a user in what Oracle thinks is the dba group.

If you have listened to the others and used oraenv to set up your environment, it is likely that your oratab is wrong (in /etc on most unix, I think /var/opt on solaris), probably setting the wrong ORACLE_HOME. I'm unsure if there is a limit to PATH on solaris, but if there is, be sure you are not exceeding it as you append the oracle bin to the path.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"i'm not familar with fuser" - Tom Kyte