oracle generated numbers are being store in scientific notation.

From: <lcwcode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2005 09:15:37 -0700

OUR DBA created a column that is defined as number(20)that automatically generates the numbers for this column. Some of the numbers are being stored in scientific notation. What does this mean? We need to define this column as another type? It seems like it has reached the limits that oracle will allow. Any info will help because I'm not a database person I just want to make sure this will not cause us any problems. I know it's using the auto generate feature in Oracle. Received on Tue Apr 05 2005 - 11:15:37 CDT