Target host or object does not exist?

From: <laredotornado_at_zipmail.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2005 06:52:03 -0700

I am having some trouble starting up an instance of my Oracle 8.1.7 database on a Solaris box.

I set the Oracle SID, go to the appropriate directory and here's what happens ...

> svrmgrl

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.7.0.0 - Production

Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR

ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist SVRMGR> How can I get a list of valid objects/hosts? I'm thinking I didn'ts set the ORACLE_SID variable properly.

Thanks, - Dave Received on Tue Apr 05 2005 - 08:52:03 CDT