Re: ASM and O/S Security

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:18:39 +0200

"HansF" <News.Hans_at_telus.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:pan.2005.04.05.13.55.03.133148_at_telus.net...
> The only way I use ASM in production is on raw disk. However, I do demo
> and train ASM on 'raw files' created using dd. This is very handy on a
> Linux laptop with only the builtin disk.
I'm still reading up on the whole thing. We are evaluating 10g and I want to get a db running that uses it on four disks. So far I have progressed to "I need to get the asm package first and have to make the disks available to that." When I talked about files furthe up in the thread I wasn't that far yet and thought that it all gets managed from the db instance and not from a separate one.

See you!
Volker Received on Tue Apr 05 2005 - 08:18:39 CDT