Re: Guide for Oracle 10g installation on Solaris 10 GA?

From: madhu <eloormadhu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2005 21:49:35 -0700

I fixed the problem by adding the the shmmax and semmni related entries in /etc/system in contradictory to the SUN documentation

After adding the following entries, I was able to create database without the Out of Memory error.

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=1073741824
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=2000
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=1000
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100

Solaris 10 kernel tuning docs mentioned that these above entries are not needed for Solaris 10 as those are allocated dynamically using rcladm.

My Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0

Could some kernel expert comment about this Received on Mon Apr 04 2005 - 23:49:35 CDT