Re: why cant I spool <filename> with a variable?

From: GS <spam_at_spam.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 22:25:23 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:49:39 GMT, GS <spam_at_spam.com> wrote:
>

>>spool &TS.log;
>>@@temp_usage.sql;
>>spool off;
>>====================================================
>>
>>I keep getting the "SP2-0332 cannot create spool" file error, not a
>>matter of permissions etc as I can spool to a file fine without the
>>variable (this is a windows machine as well)
>>

> Add an extra dot. Your current dot is treated as delimiter now because
> of the variable.
> For test purposes, you could precede the spool command with a define
> ts command, to check it's contents.
>

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

  That was a typo on my part, I had the extra dot in there, and it still doesnt work. I just tried it (same file) on a Redhat machine and it works fine, now I just have to try and remember my old (seldom used) AIX skills to see if I remember how to put it in a cron job....

ps. I added a "define ts" just above the spool command and it reads:

DEFINE TS = "15:18:33" (CHAR) Received on Mon Apr 04 2005 - 17:25:23 CDT