Re: ASM & Transportable Tablespaces?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:50:17 GMT

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:46:23 -0700, GeoPappas interested us by writing:

> How do Transportable Tablespaces work with ASM? Since you can't access
> a tablespace from the O/S, how can you copy or FTP the files?

  1. One ASM instance could cover several database instances. Transport between those would be trivial.
  2. RMAN
  3. Mix and match OS and ASM - use OS files systems for the transportable tablespaces and ASM for the rest.
--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com