Re: Guide for Oracle 10g installation on Solaris 10 GA?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:06:58 GMT

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 20:55:37 +1000, Andrew Tyson interested us by writing:

> HansF wrote:
>

>> - select some versions, select 'Certified Combinations only' & submit

> Thanks for the info Hans. Unfortunately you need a support contract with
> Oracle to download the required patches for Oracle 10g

You may also need to review the contract you made when you downloaded and installed Oracle in the first place. Hint: the free developer's license is legally limited to development: you agree to purchase licenses to go into produciton. (Morals, anyone?)

If this issue is a constraint on development, rather than production, then your legal option is to contact Oracle and ask for a free 30-day trial license. You CAN get support and metalink access with that. But you need to talk with an Oracle sales rep.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com