Re: Oracle client for Mac

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:51:54 +0200

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 02:14:20 +0200, DA Morgan wrote (in article <1112573442.634953_at_yasure>):

> Stroker and I will be submitting a white paper to Oracle Magazine next
> week that should be far more detailed. I will post an announcement when
> I know where it has been published.

Hi Daniel,
for me the oracle installation manuals were quite good. Using the manual I could perform each and every task with success. What is missing is a way to view the sga definition, something like ipcs -bom. This is a macos issue but did you find a way to check the sga ?
Most problems I encountered had to do with a polluted java environment, the existence of old jdbc drivers etc. An other minor problem was caused by the fact that the graphical tools - like the installer - are not using X11. The runInstaller script does check the X environment but is not using it. This can be solved by using vnc but a little note in the documentation could have saved quite a few hours.

With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten, Ronald

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba
http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle Received on Mon Apr 04 2005 - 02:51:54 CDT