Re: can we view the data present in the Dump file.

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 4 Apr 2005 00:33:27 -0700

Deepa balu via DBMonster.com wrote:
> I want to search a string within the Data of few tables.
> I do not know the particular Tablename or the column name.
>
> I have a dump file .Just like how we can view the DDL of the Objects
of
> dump file ,,,,,,, is there any way that we can view the data present
in the
> Dump file.
>
> --

It is pretty simple, really:

imp user/pass file=<your dump file here> full=y show=y log=<your log name here>

where user/pass is a username and password valid for your database. Of course the database need not be local:

imp user/pass_at_mydb file=<your dump file here> full=y show=y log=<your log name here>

This, of course, can produce a tremendous amount of output. A simpler solution is:

imp user/pass file=<your dump file here> full=y indexfile=<your filename here>

or, for a remote connection:

imp user/pass_at_mydb file=<your dump file here> full=y indexfile=<your filename here>

This will generate a file of create table/create index statements on the machine initiating the connection which you may browse with any text editor at your leisure.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Apr 04 2005 - 02:33:27 CDT