Re: audit insert, delete, update on sys.aud$

From: <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Apr 2005 07:23:24 -0800

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/audit.htm#1875

> To Prem:
> I do see the FM suggesting audit insert/update/delete on sys.aud$, so
its
> possible that attempts to insert using non-administrative account
might
> still be logged (I have not done testing regarding this)....
>
> Anurag

Anurag:
Yes, when I did insert on sys.aud$ from a non dba login, first I got error
insert into sys.aud$ (SESSIONID, ENTRYID , STATEMENT, TIMESTAMP#, ACTION#, RETURNCODE) values (99999, 99999, 1, sysdate, 1, -200)

                *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

But it does generate a record in audit trail: MDBAUDARCH SYS AUD$ SESSION REC
0 ------F--------- 04/02/2005 09:59:25
So infinte recursion argument for not cretaing an audit trail on insert does
not seem to hold.

Prem

Prem Received on Sat Apr 02 2005 - 09:23:24 CST