Re: Why so many LIO's for select statement doesn't fetch any rows?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:15:36 +0200

On 1 Apr 2005 12:08:31 -0800, "Carlos" <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net> wrote:

>>>Tom Kyte also says: 'Test, test and test'
>
>You think 'Try /*+ FULL */ hint and see what happens.' is not another
>way to say 'Test'?
>
>Cheers.

I think the line 'Tom Kyte says: Full scans are not evil' is a dangerous generalization. It is the opposite of the generalization 'full scans are to be avoided at all cost' Apart from that, I don't he said that in his seminar I attended, nor is it in the handout.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA