Re: who is running 10g in production on what platforms and patchsets?

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:32:59 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:
> Lots of people evangelizing for 10g in this board. Few people in my
> area even testing it yet.
>
> Who is running moderate or big workloads thru it in production?
>
> I don't need company secrets just info like ...
>
> Approx workload size ( # of concurrent users or # transactions a day or
> "something"), what os, what patchsets, etc.
>
> I don't get real excited about 10g in test environments or qa.
>
> Not to start flame war but windows or linux is not as interesting (to
> me anyhow ) as hpux/solaris/aix/others.
>
> IF it's a big linux production system then fine.
>
> Thanks

Talk America run multiple production systems on 10g, including their rating engine and data warehouse. They are on HP and are getting close to having 90 terabytes of data managed by ASM. No specific link, but google "Talk America" site:www.oracle.com

Chicago Stock Exchange also uses Oracle Database 10g. They are on HP http://www.oracle.com/customers/studies/roi/chicagostockexchange.pdf

Dell run their European Order Entry system on 10g as well as a large Data Warehouse. They were on one of the three platforms you mentioned and used Oracle Database 10g to migrate to Linux http://www.oracle.com/customers/studies/roi/dellgedis.pdf http://www.oracle.com/customers/studies/roi/delleurostar.pdf

Ohio Savings Bank run their call center, mortage application and DW on Oracle Database 10g. They were on HP, went to Linux - http://www.oracle.com/customers/studies/roi/ohiosavingsbank.pdf

Other customers presented on their production experiences with Oracle Database 10g at OW in SF last year.

See https://68.142.139.39/sf/scheduler/controller/catalog (Apologies for the certificate warning, but it should not be an issue)

Select Advanced Search
Type = Customer Case Study
Primary Track = Oracle Database 10g

There are also others that this search doesn't find.

We also have installed base uptake figures that are very healthy. I won't share them on the newsgroup (too many prying eyes), but by all means talk to your rep - they will be more than happy to show you the momentum that has built up around 10g, and also identify references in your area/vertical). Received on Fri Apr 01 2005 - 12:32:59 CST