Re: who is running 10g in production on what platforms and patchsets?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:54:07 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:

> Lots of people evangelizing for 10g in this board. Few people in my
> area even testing it yet.
>
> Who is running moderate or big workloads thru it in production?
>
> I don't need company secrets just info like ...
>
> Approx workload size ( # of concurrent users or # transactions a day or
> "something"), what os, what patchsets, etc.
>
> I don't get real excited about 10g in test environments or qa.
>
> Not to start flame war but windows or linux is not as interesting (to
> me anyhow ) as hpux/solaris/aix/others.
>
> IF it's a big linux production system then fine.
>
> Thanks

If a database holding all of the maintenance manuals and parts lists, in PDF format, for repairing and maintaining all of the various airplanes and their configurations for all airline mechanics on the planet sounds big to you then ... I'd say I am talking about a big workload.

Running on Redhat Linux AS 3.
Running 10.1.0.3
Running RAC
Can't give you transaction volume or concurrent users but I think you can make a reasonably accurate guess

I am also aware of a small telephone company, small as in they process the bills for all of IBM, among other customers, running 10.1.0.3 on AIX 5.2 or 5.3 (can't remember if they recently upgraded).

HTH

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington