Re: archive logging & tablespaces

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:32:20 GMT

steph wrote:
> Currently my database is not running in archivelog mode. Now, what I
> want to accomplish is to turn on archive logging for specific tables
> which reside in a certain tablespace - but not for the whole database.
> That was my idea and that's the background to my question. Ther version
> of the database is 10G.

Even if you could, what would be the purpose? If your database is not in archivelog mode, you cannot peform incomplete or media recovery.

Redo logging, and archiving copies of filled redo logs, are two separate things. It sounds like maybe you are trying to capture changes to specific tables in a database that you don't care about losing (noarchivelog mode = you don't care about losing all changes since your last cold backup or consistent export).

Check out Oracle Streams and Change Data Capture in the documentation for more information.

-Mark Bole Received on Fri Apr 01 2005 - 10:32:20 CST