Re: Hardware info from Oracle server?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2005 17:45:34 -0800

jackzhunj_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Is there any way I can get Oracle machine information (# of CPUs,
RAM,
> etc) from some Oracle system views or calling some Oracle packages?
> (Oracle 9iR2)
>
> Thanks a lot!

I don't know of any system view/package but if you have JServer installed then you can use java stored procedure and a PLSQL wrapper function. I use psinfo.exe from www.sysinternals.com in my example on Windows to get system info. psinfo.exe must be in system path.

SQL> create or replace and compile java source   2 named "SysInfo"
  3 as
  4
  5 import java.io.*;
  6
  7 public class SysInfo {
  8

  9        public static String getInfo ()
 10           throws Exception {
 11
 12           Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime();
 13           Process p = r.exec("psinfo.exe");
 14           BufferedReader br
 15              = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(p.getInputStream()));
 16           p.waitFor();
 17           String a;
 18           StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer();
 19           while ((a = br.readLine()) != null) {
 20              sb.append(a + "\n");
 21           }
 22           br.close();
 23           return sb.toString();
 24        }
 25     }

 26 /

Java created.

SQL> create or replace function foo return varchar2   2 is
  3 language java name 'SysInfo.getInfo() return java.lang.String';   4 /

Function created.

SQL> set heading off
SQL> select foo from dual;

System information for \\RASA:

Uptime:                    0 days 3 hours 26 minutes 42 seconds
Kernel version:            Microsoft Windows XP, Uniprocessor Free
Product type:              Professional
Product version:           5.1
Service pack:              1a
Kernel build number:       2600
Registered organization:
Registered owner:          RASA
Install date:              07/02/2004, 02:31:27
Activation status:         Activated
IE version:                6.0000
System root:               C:\WINDOWS
Processors:                1
Processor speed:           600 MHz
Processor type:            Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor
Physical memory:           1022 MB
Video driver:              ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500

You can easily parse the return string.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 19:45:34 CST