Re: sys.npexp$

From: Vlado <vlado_at_cadre5.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2005 11:47:29 -0800

I had the same problem, doing a full export but trying to exclude certain objects.
I accomplished it by adding a where clause (i.e. "and o$.name not in ('PS_AUDIT_0000222', 'PS_AUDIT_0000223', 'PS_AUDIT_0000224')" to the export views sys.EXU8CLU and SYS.EXU8TAB

However, as others have mentioned it is not recommended changing dictionary objects and if you do, I'm not sure how that affects Oracle support.
In my case, we were rebuilding the db (due to corrupted system tablespace blocks) so this was a good solution.

Another approach is to use Fine Grained Access control so that no rows are being exported for those tables. However, it's only available since 8i and in my situation I had to work with 8.0.6

Vlado Barun, M.Sc.
Senior Data Architect, Cadre5
www.cadre5.com