audit insert, delete, update on sys.aud$

From: <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2005 11:08:26 -0800

I am using Oracle 8.1.6.2 32 bit on HP UNIX 11.

I want to audit insert, delete, update on sys.aud$ by anyone other than sys (I know sys actions are not written in audit trail).

I run following statement:

audit delete, insert, update on sys.aud$ by session

I verify that object auditing has been turned on:

SYS                          AUD$                           TABLE

-/- -/-

When I run a test for insert, update and delete, I only see audit records in sys.aud$ created for update and delete and not for insert:

PREMDBA SYS AUD$ SESSION REC UPDATE ANY TABLE 0 ----------S----- 03/31/2005 13:46:29
PREMDBA SYS AUD$ SESSION REC DELETE ANY TABLE 0 ---S------------ 03/31/2005 13:46:29

I have tried similar audit tests on tables in my own schema and insert is audited there.

I wonder whether there is anything subtle with insert of sys.aud$.

Prem Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 13:08:26 CST