Is it possible to use DBLink in XA transactions?

From: Joe Weinstein <joeNOSPAM_at_bea.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:16:42 -0800

One of my customers wants to use the Oracle dblink within a global transaction(XA transaction) on JTA.

The call flow is like :

JSP -> EJB (SLSB/CMT) -> TxDataSource -> Oracle XA JDBC Driver-> Oracle DBMS1 ---DBLINK--> Oracle DBMS2

        EJB: simply select row from synonym
             just select from one table.

When doing this, the customer is facing the following error.

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02044: transaction manager login denied: transaction in progress

It seems the answer is no... I checked metalink, and there's one post from someone in '00, and an Oracle support person not being able to find the answer.... thanks
Joe Weinstein at BEA Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 12:16:42 CST