Re: Setting up 10G RAC On a Single Linux Node

From: <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2005 07:39:14 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:
> premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> > I have heard some people setup 10G RAC on a single Linux Node for
> > learning without using VMWARE.
> > There is an article on internet how to do it for Oracle9i but not
for
> > 10G:
> > http://www.polarisdb.com/rac.htm
> >
> > I am curious how can one set up RAC without simulating two nodes
(as
> > done with VMWARE). I am not a UNIX or LINUX Administrator but will
> like
> > to know what is the minimum hardware/software required
> > for setting up 10G RAC on a single Linux node.
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> >
> > Prem
>
> I think either werner or howard have this covered ...
>
> try http://www.puschitz.com and/or www.dizwell.com
>
> It seems like a curious learning experience if you have prod RAC
> systems already but ??? whatever makes you happy ...

Thanks for the information. I do not have production RAC, my company which is very big has it.

I have seen dizwell site in the past as well as OTN which shows how to set RAC on Linux using Firewire. My question was is it posisble to set up RAC on a Single Node without using VMWARE. The link which I pointed out seems to do that. I still wonder how that is possible in Orcale9i or Oracle10G.

Prem Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 09:39:14 CST