Re: How to Setting up JDBC

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:20:18 -0800

"dd" <dd_at_dd.com> wrote in message news:424c0004_2_at_rain.i-cable.com...
> I am a complete newbie to Oracle (and has started learning right now).
>
> I just installed Oracle 9iR2 into my server machine. What are the minimum
> configuration steps I should do to setup the JDBC drivers in the client
> machine? Where to obtain the drivers? What configuration required in the
> server? What options are available so that I can start accessing database
> in my client machine with the minimum knowledge in setting up Oracle's
> network.
>
> I heard of JDBC Thin Driver which does not requires Oracle Net components?
> Is it true? What configuration is required?
>
> My knowledge on Oracle's network is null and appreciate any advice on
which
> volumn/chapters of online specification that I should start reading to get
> the related info for setting JDBC?
>
> Thx for any help.

Thin client drivers don't need Oracle's Net Components. Go to otn.oracle.com and go to downloads. You can download the drivers from there. You will also find this thing called documentation there and examples. I think the driver download even includes and example. Please, please use prepared statements. You can also go to asktom.oracle.com and search for examples and answers to questions. Jim Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 08:20:18 CST