Re: Pure Java or oracle webforms?

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:37:51 +0200

Umberto Michelucci wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am writing to this ng in the hope of help from the experts here. I
> have to work on a project. We can choose between two technologies:
>
> - Pure Java
> - Oracle web forms
>
> Now, we are two with a lot of experience in Java but almost none in
> webforms (Oracle and PL/SQL is no problem). The project is medium
> sized. We have to write an application (with a rather complex
> navigation system) that must run in Internet and must access a medium
> sized database.
>
> Can someone point me the advantages and disadvantages of the two
> technologies from your experience?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Umberto

If this is just for this project, and -as you indicate- there is no (or virtually none) experience with Oracle Developer, I would go for either PL/SQL and HTML (using mod-plsql), or Java.

The choice is purely whether HTML is acceptable as front end, as it is less capable then Java.
Then again, mod_plsql (HTML, generated by pl/sql code) may not be an option at all, in which case the choice is easy

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel