Re: corrupt sysaux file - best way to fix

From: SG <ab_at_cd.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:24:21 GMT

Thanks David for the response, however, if both posts came across as identical, sorry. I sense some annoyance. I wasn't trying to get a different answer for the same problem, really. The first post was about possible causes for repeated corrupt redo logs and what to look for, the second post was for how to fix corrupt sysaux datafiles and if a corrupt sysaux file could be linked to corrupt redo logs, possibly being the cause and answer of my first post. I have yet to determine the cause of the random redo log corruption, I still have a corrupt sysaux file, and the point of the second post was what is the best way to get that fixed. I should have also mentioned I am trying to gather all info I can before I jump in to try to fix things, this system is not at my disposal, not local and cannot be shutdown whenever and there needs to be a definitive plan to fix/approach the problem. The band-aid approach of clearing redo log files keeps the overall system running, but in the meantime I am trying to gather all the info on this problem that I can. I'm trying to gather all the possible reasons and possible solutions to this problem before I can make a trip to site to attempt to fix this problem. I do appreciate the response.

SG Received on Wed Mar 30 2005 - 11:24:21 CST