Re: What is "User terminal"?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2005 07:42:09 -0800

Mark D Powell wrote:
> The terminal is not necessarily the machine the user logged in from.
> That value should be found in the column named machine. The value in
> the terminal column can vary for the same username, osuser, and
machine
> value on UNIX systems where the UNIX session is created via telnet or
> xterms.
>

> USERNAME OSUSER SID SERIAL#
> ------------ ------------ ------ -------
> APPL MACHINE APPL PROCESS TERMINAL
> --------------- ------------ ------------------------------
> MPOWEL01 mpowel01 24 697
> ddcdev1 133016 pts/18
>
> MPOWEL01 mpowel01 45 1547
> ddcdev1 118484 pts/2
>
> As you can see each of my sessions has the same Oracle, OS user ID,
and
> machine values but the terminal value differs for each of my
sessions.
> For some of the connections made from PC clients the machine and
> terminal names match and for some of these connections the two
columns
> hold different values. It depends on how the client machines are
> configured. The contents of the terminal column varies based on
> technical details behind the connection.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

Thanks Mark. Your query above is from v$session but the OP requested info. on DBA_AUDIT_* views and these don't have a machine column.

Started an audit. Querying dba_audit_trail.terminal shows the PC name from where I connected. Did not check this on nix* via telnet or xterm.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Wed Mar 30 2005 - 09:42:09 CST