Creating several indexes on same tables - with one FTS only ?

From: Christian Svensson <chse30_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2005 02:06:03 -0800

Greetings all,

In a Datawarehouse project with Oracle 9.2.0.5 on Sun Solaris we have an index creation job that for every table (~30Gb) creates 10-13 indexes (both bitmap and b-tree). This means that the job will have to do a new FTS for the same table for every index it creates for this table.

I have been asked to investigate if there is a way that you can only make one FTS for the table and then create all the indexes for this table, so it doesnt have to do a new FTS for each new index to create. I have never heard anything like this before and have searched through documentation/internet/newsgroups so I turn to this forum to verify.

Thanks for any comments !

/Christian Received on Wed Mar 30 2005 - 04:06:03 CST