corrupt sysaux file - best way to fix

From: SG <ab_at_cd.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:24:31 GMT

Hi all.
I posted some time ago about corrupt redo logs and still am working on finding the cause. I did find that the sysaux datafile also has corrupt data per the logs. What is the best way to correct this without backups? Dbrepair? I ask this because the original dba setup a routing to purge backups older than 7 days since the data is not needed after so many days. This is more of a dynamic database application and not for historical purposes. However, if the sysaux datafile is corrupt, we are most likely skipping or backing up a corrupt sysaux file, correct? Any insights? This is on Redhat v3, 10g Standard v10.1.0.2. Can this be at all linked to having random corrupt redo logs? Do we need to rebuild the database from scratch as a best approach to fixing the sysaux corruption, which we did once with a 1 month success time frame, only to start getting corrupt redo logs again? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. TIA.

SG Received on Tue Mar 29 2005 - 11:24:31 CST