Re: SQL*Loader-704 & ORA-12535 error , Oracle 9i AIX, Windows Client

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:20:42 +0200

On 28 Mar 2005 04:49:06 -0800, xtanto_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I try to run SQL*Loader from Windows Client to Oracle 9i server on AIX.
>The control file is in the windows machine.
>
>C:\SqlLdr user/password_at_myoradb control=mycontrol.ctl
>
>(the data is 300,000 rows, on the same control file)
>
>I get this error :
>
>SQL*Loader-704 : Internal error : ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0]
>ORA-12535: TNS:Operation timed out.
>
>FYI, from the same machine, TNSPing is OK, SQL*Plus run perfectly.
>
>What is wrong here ?
>Should I copy the CTL file into the AIX Server and run the SQL*Plus
>from AIX client console ?
>
>Thank you for your help,
>Krist

No. That would result in symptom-fighting. Either you have a firewall problem or you have a lousy configured, non-functional network. You should try to reproduce the timeouts using DOS ping and DOS tracert.
Alternatively, make sure both control file and the data are located on the server, making sure the network is not involved other than for getting a remote desktop or VNC connection to the server.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA