Re: Patch 9.2.0.6.0 on AIX 5.2

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2005 04:57:33 -0800

Matthias Hoys wrote:
> "hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> >> Thanks a lot for the Metalink note - this is the kind of
information
> > I was
> >> looking for !
> >
> > It is a little hard for me to understand how someone deciding on
> > applying the 9206 patchset or not would not already be aware of
this
> > support item.
> >
> > If you do not know the basics such as getting information like
this,
> > then the best advice is to open a tar immediately with oracle
support.

> > Tell them your experience base and what you are thinking about
doing
> > and ask where you should begin. The quality of support varies
greatly
> > but they always know how to get you started on things like this.
> >

> OK

> From now on, I will think *twice* before asking something in this
newsgroup
> again. And I will make sure my question isn't too stupid.

Don't feel bad... there is never a bad question.

What he meant is that the metalink is the best place to confirm these assertions. Anyone could make a claim like this. The IBM consultant may have missed a step or may not have done all the post upgrade steps e.g. Analyzing tables again etc. You can "trust" him BUT always "verify" it for yourselves at the metalink.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Mon Mar 28 2005 - 06:57:33 CST