Re: Using Remote Authentication from Windows to UNIX

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_NoOrSaPcAlMe.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2005 18:03:41 -0800

In article <d1ca0j$71c$2_at_news.BelWue.DE>, Holger Baer says...

>RScott wrote:
>> I have a database on HP-UX. A new application is requiring that we
>> allow remote athentication from the application server(on windows) to
>> the Oracle db on HP-UX. I have tried the basics and can't get it to
>> work.
>>
>> I have the following in my init.ora:
>> remote_login_passwordfile=EXCLUSIVE
>> remote_os_authent=FALSE
> ^^^^^
>
>Didn't you just mention you need to allow remote authentication?
>So why don't you allow it then?
>
>HTH
>Holger

Unless you totally trust the people in your system, do not *ever* enable this parameter, it allows a user to login as anyone he/she wishes by simply specifying the user name in the SQL*Net/Net8/OracleNet connect data.

                                       Rick

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation