Re: Patch 9.2.0.6.0 on AIX 5.2

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 27 Mar 2005 08:56:56 -0800

> A consultant at IBM who had a negative performance impact after the
> installation of the patch and recommends to stay on 9.2.0.5.0. I
don't know
> all the details but I trust him.

If you have a test system can you not test the patchset yourself before making any plans/decisions on an eventual production implementation?

People's ideas and preferences for oracle maintenance or not are all over the spectrum. If keeping up with the new quarterly security (and miscellaneous whatever they throw in) patch cycle is important to you then getting to the latest patchset makes it much ( ok somewhat ) simpler.

Of course you can research the known issues with the 9.2.0.6 patchset.

Why don't you have your trusted IBM consultant give you more specific details such as what bugs specifically impacted them with 9206 on AIX. If they cannot supply that level of detail then I wouldn't place any faith in their evaluation of the patchset.

If they can give you specifics then you can chase down with oracle support the status of those items. Received on Sun Mar 27 2005 - 10:56:56 CST