Re: Character set blues...

From: Jeremy <newspostings_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:57:27 -0000

In article <d21fke$oh1$1_at_news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>, Frank van Bortel says...
> - your HTTP Post, stored in a CLOB is correct when posted through
> the ISO8859P1 DAD.
>
> - your HTTP Post, stored in a CLOB *seems* incorrect when posted
> through the UTF DAD.
>
> Do you have any clue as to what actually is stored, when you use
> the UTF DAD? Try to find out, e.g. by using the dump function.
> My guess is, you will find just 1 byte of the two actually used.

===
Through ISO8859P1 DAD:

â ä à å ç ê ë

Typ=1 Len=14: 226,32,228,32,224,32,229,32,231,32,234,32,235,32

===

Then the same character string through the UTF8 DAD:

¿ ¿ ¿

Typ=1 Len=6: 191,32,191,32,191,32

===

The data sent is the sequence of special characters "â ä à å ç ê ë " as shown above - the only thing I change between the two submissions is the DAD in the URL to which I am posting this data. By the time my pl/sql code can look at the data, it is too late....

The code in the receiving procedure is:

procedure job

        (xml_doc in clob default null)
is