Re: Default column value of MAX +1 of column - possible in Oracle 9i?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 24 Mar 2005 15:59:29 -0800

Dave wrote:
> "hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > snip
> >
> >> Triggers are evil. They don't scale well and they make application
> >> changes more awkward, time-consuming and expensive.
> >
> > Many of us are running with a whole bunch of insert triggers that
> > supply a sequence value to generate unique row.
> >
> > This is very very very common.
> >

> whch doesnt make it right or best practise

I see no evidence in your post explaining why triggers are 'evil'. What, exactly, makse such triggers 'wrong'? This question has been asked in many forms in this thread and not one of the naysayers can prove the rhetoric to which they cling.

Provide statistical evidence you are 'right' and we are 'wrong', or learn a different tune.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Mar 24 2005 - 17:59:29 CST