Re: Why is UGA size so large?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2005 14:01:34 -0800

Well, I'm on a unix platform with 9.2.0.6, and I note that my 16 session uga memory max

         1 1720935848
happens to be the similar size as my sga_max_size 1796700416

So I would guess that is not the UGA memory usage, but just a configured max.

If you have OEM available, you can look at a sessions' open cursors with a drill down.

The 4030's can be caused by other things such as fragmented shared areas and bugs with session cached cursors - have you seen http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=274496.1 and
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=3299407.8 which seem to say not to do what you are doing.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
If at first you don't succeed - abandon ship!