Re: Why is UGA size so large?

From: Marcel D?rr <MARCEL.D_at_GMX.CH>
Date: 24 Mar 2005 12:08:46 -0800

Kenneth Koenraadt wrote in message news:<4242c3f8.4105968_at_news.inet.tele.dk>...
> The few sessions mentioned do not seem to consume unreasonable amount
> of memory. How many sessions do you have running concurrently ?
>
> On Win32, the 3 Gb limit applies to the total amount of memory used by
> Oracle, namely PGA+SGA. Your SGA could be oversized as well.
>
> Please provide us SGA+PGA-relevant initialization parameters. Also,
> when ORA-04030 starts to appear, provide the following info :
>
> select sum(pga_used_mem),sum(pga_alloc_mem),sum(pga_max_mem) from
> v$process.
>

> - Kenneth Koenraadt

This DB serves about 350 sessions.
Fortunately, not all allocate that much UGA.

Here are the relevant parameters:
sga_max_size = 1363M
shared_pool_size = 315M
db_cache_size = 940M
java_pool_size = 20M
log_buffer = 1M
max_enabled_roles = 50
open_cursors = 255
session_cached_cursors = 300
workarea_size_policy='AUTO'
pga_aggregate_target = 330M

I will post the result of your query as soon as it makes sense, tonight there is only little traffic on the db due to easterv holiday.

Regards,
Marcel Dürr Received on Thu Mar 24 2005 - 14:08:46 CST