Re: Error ORA-1254 Oracle 10g on linux

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:33:48 GMT

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:14:19 -0800, ccote_msl_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> HI, logged on as Oracle, when I issue sqlplus scott/tiger_at_mydb, I get
> the above error. At second try (in the same sesion, Oracle asks again
> for user name), it works. Is there something that is misconfigured?
>
> Thank you,
> Ccote

Care to try that error number again? Seems that it's a likely misprinted as the Oracle doc site (http://docs.oracle.com >> 10g docco) reports the following:

ORA-01254: cannot end online backup - file string in recovery manager backup

Cause: The specified file is being backed up by Recovery Manager.

Action: Wait for the Recovery Manager proxy backup to complete.

    Recovery Manager backup mode cannot be initiated or terminated     manually. Received on Thu Mar 24 2005 - 12:33:48 CST