Re: Logical standby database for reporting

From: <alohaspnm_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2005 07:38:27 -0800

Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I'll ask our DBA to go through the recommended documentation.

Regarding your question on keeping all the schemas up to date, we are doing that as a separate nightly process. In the scenario that I have explained we are providing a local copy of the database schema to the client for their reporting, and we do not control the access to the database, and we do not want the client to look at our other clients' data, and hence the need for just replicating the client's schema.

BTW, we are using Oracle 9 server, I wanted to mention this as I have not made it clear in my previous post.

Thanks again,
SP Received on Wed Mar 23 2005 - 09:38:27 CST