Re: Using replace in a clob

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:17:05 -0500

"CE" <charlie3101_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1111583111.095553.301920_at_f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Yep, sorry, it's 8i here I'm afraid. I don't know when we might
> upgrade to something sensible (we do have some 7.3 systems here too!)
>
> Also, there may be dozens of these substitutions that have to be made.
>
> Thanks
>
> CE

ok, how long are your clobs? what character set?

 if they're less than ~32K bytes (not characters) you should be able to copy them to a VARCHAR2 and use REPLACE on the VARCHAR2 variable. if they're longer, then you'll need to do it in chunks, checking that you didn't split the clob on your target replacement string. or, get a list of targets with DBMS_LOB.INSTR, then use that to reconstruct the clob

++ mcs Received on Wed Mar 23 2005 - 07:17:05 CST