Re: Migration Workbench (OMWB) vs SQL Loader

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:40:25 +0100

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:37:21 +0100, krislioe_at_gmail.com wrote (in article <1111491441.055078.165790_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>):

> Hi All,
>
> I am migrating SQL Server 2000 (Windows 2000) data into Oracle 9i on
> AIX. The table structure is changed in Oracle, but not very
> significantly.
>
> The options are using Migration Workbench (OMWB) or SQL Loader.
>
> Could anybody please tell me, what are the cases / reason to decide
> whether to use OMWB or SQL Loader ??
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Krist

OMWB works good. Be sure to check the datatype mappings, some tend to default to LONG where we expect LOBs or maybe even varchar2. Loader looks like a lot of work to me, in that case I would prefer to use pl/sql over a db link.

With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten, Ronald

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba
http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle Received on Tue Mar 22 2005 - 10:40:25 CST