Re: Best Linux distribution...

From: GS <spam_at_spam.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:38:14 GMT

HansF wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:06:33 +0000, Fabrizio wrote:
>

>>SuSE Linux Enterprise Edition.
>>It is free and it is certified.

> Um ...
>
> Looking at the SuSE site, all I find close is SuSE Linux Enterprise
> *Server* and that has a price tag (for support).
>
> Are you referring to the *evaluation* copy?
>
> /Hans

I think he meant the eval version... which I was curious about, is it time-bombed to stop working after 30? days or is one just unable to get support/updates etc.. after expiry?

Curious because I want to try it, but not sure when I'll get around to actually installing Oracle on it, so I'm thinking I should wait till I know I can put aside the time for the Oracle install to install the OS as well.... Received on Mon Mar 21 2005 - 14:38:14 CST