Re: Unable to start 9i OEM agent on Windows

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:43:10 +0100

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:25:58 +0100, jbeckstrom_at_gcrta.org wrote (in article <1111429558.718133.15560_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>):

> I am still looking for answers for this problem.
>
> We have 3 servers. Oracle 9i was installed via same user with same
> rights in all cases.
>
> Server 1 -
> - no existing Oracle install
> - installed 9.2.0.5 and agent starts
>
> Server 2 -
> - old Oracle Apps 11i server
> - installed 9.2.0.5
> - agent ran from roughly map to August. Since August it refuses to
> start. This was not discovered until December so nobody knows what if
> anything happened to break it.
>
> Server 3 -
> - Oracle Apps 11i dev servers
> - installed 9.2.0.6
> - agent fails to start
>
> In both cases where the 9i agent fails to start, the 8i agent runs
> great.
>
> There are NOT two nic cards.
>
> Trace indicates agent is trying to talk to 0.0.0.0. Oracle had us
> remove a tns_admin entry in the registry but same result.
>
> Looking for anything to try next.

What is in the log/trace files ? There are lots of reasons for the agent not to start ...
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=201034.1 did you stop the datagatherer processes from the 8i installations ?

With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten, Ronald

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba
http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle Received on Mon Mar 21 2005 - 12:43:10 CST