Re: show runtime for all active queries

From: <lambu999_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2005 09:50:29 -0800

Mark D Powell wrote:
> Note that the v$session.machine columns tells you the machine the
> session connected from and is not the host name of the database
server.
> You can get that from v$database.

Mark,

I am using Oracle 9i EE on Win. I do not see the hostname column in V$database view. Did you mean v$instance view?

If yes, I have another question. How does it work in the case of RAC? What is the 'host' where the data is stored in a SAN or a big storage array which hosts multiple databases.

Thanks,
Ram. Received on Mon Mar 21 2005 - 11:50:29 CST