Re: getString() crashes on Java Stored Procedure: known bug?

From: Francesco Galli <cinghialemannaroinenglish_at_interfree.it>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:22:47 +0100

> Is it possible to upgrade?

I wish it was... you are right, both versions are very old but it's an old AIX machine, a bit underpowered and overloaded, and since it's mission-critical they want to take the minimum risk and downtime possible. That's why we are running on these outdated configuration elements... the application has been developed on the Year of the Lord 1999 :-)

Updating oracle is out-of-question: it means recompiling a lot of CGIs, stored procedures, packages, and much more. Updating the jdk may be done, but I have no idea which version Oracle requires :)

Thanks anyways... maybe I'll try the 1.1.7 route, it's the latest 1.1.x java out there. Received on Mon Mar 21 2005 - 08:22:47 CST