Re: Is 60M rows a lot?

From: John Morrison <JohnDMorrison_at_dodo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:24:45 +1000

On 21/3/05 11:33, in article 1111368610.985160_at_yasure, "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
I would have thought the issue here is really what you plan to do with this data, rather than the size of it - as this will also determine the strategy used with it. I agree though that partitioning, would prima facie, be a good idea.
More importantly though, what do you plan to keep it on? For an oracle db on a pda, its surely a large one, but on significant hardware I have had to manage similarly sized, indexed, transactional tables, which caused very few problems, even before partitioning was available.