Re: Patchset 9.2.0.6 stable ?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 18 Mar 2005 05:28:58 -0800

snip

> Frank, what would you suggest for a brand new 9.2 installation to be
> made nowadays? 9.2.0.4 or 9.2.0.6?
>
> Thank you. Kind regards,

Not Frank but here's my advice.

If you care about keeping up with the security patches (and whatever else oracle decides to throw in oops I mean carefully consider) then 9.2.0.6 is obviously a better choice. They go in ( so far anyhow ) with much less effort on the latest patchset.

Oracle will continue to roll out quarterly security patches ( this just started in January ).

Why don't the security alerts come out packaged as a patchset? Don't know.

Unless there are specific problems with 9.2.0.6 that oracle has not yet provided a solution for and that cause an immediate impact in your environment, then my advice is ( outside of other considerations about the security patches ) to also go with 9.2.0.6.

I did see something in this thread about logminer being broken on 9206 with AIX. I don't know anything specific there but seems like the customer may just need more follow-up with oracle on that specific item if indeed oracle does not really yet have a fix. Received on Fri Mar 18 2005 - 07:28:58 CST